[Paraview] Compile error: unknown type name ‘sigjmp_buf’

Benedikt Anlauf anlaufb at de.ibm.com
Tue Feb 24 05:14:57 EST 2015

Ben Boeckel <ben.boeckel <at> kitware.com> writes:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:52:30 -0500, John Moore wrote:
> > H5JMP_BUF is not found in CMakeCache.txt, but H5_HAVE_SETJMP_H is, as shown
> > below:
>
> Ah, I see that H5JMP_BUF is defined at the top of the file, not by CMake
> and is controlled by H5_HAVE_SIGSETJMP (empty on my Fedora install) or
> H5_HAVE_SIGLONGJMP ('1' here) from the CMake cache file.
>
> > //Have function setjmp
> > H5_HAVE_SETJMP:INTERNAL=1
> > //Have include

sys/resource.h;sys/time.h;unistd.h;sys/ioctl.h;sys/stat.h;sys/socket.h;sys/types
.h;stddef.
h;setjmp.h
> > H5_HAVE_SETJMP_H:INTERNAL=1
> >
> > I've tried to compile both with and without having HDF5 installed on my
> > system, and both methods fail. I haven't tried -DVTK_USE_SYSTEM_HDF5=ON yet
> > because I would like to be able to use the H5 included with VTK, if
> > possible.
>
> It is odd that it finds the header, but then (seems) to not include it.
> Could you insert an #error or something in H5private.h in the same block
> as #include <setjmp.h> to see if it is actually included?
>
> --Ben

Hi,

I've got the same problem, compiling Paraview 4.3.1 on Ubuntu 14.04. fails.
I've done what you've suggested

125 #ifdef H5_HAVE_SETJMP_H
126 /* Added to test whether including works */
127 #error("setjmp.h is included")
128 #   include <setjmp.h>
129 #endif

and subsequently the compilation fails with

In file included from /dev/shm/anlaufb/ParaView-v4.3.1-
source/VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/H5make_libsettings.c:46:0:
/dev/shm/anlaufb/ParaView-v4.3.1-source/VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/
H5private.h:127:2:
error: #error ("setjmp.h is included")
 #error("setjmp.h is included")
  ^

so the include-mechanism seems to work fine.

All the mentioned variables are identical to the values you've provided.

Can you provide any insights how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
Benedikt