[Paraview] Fwd: Catalyst simple test

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Wed Feb 18 09:58:33 EST 2015

Hi Dan,

Yes I already saw the post, but is with python. I just want to send my
data to paraview.

I translated the related code for the live visu from python to c++. But
I still missing something.

Can some one look at the code (attached). It is a very simple adaptor
with a very simple vtkCPVTKPipeline.

The thing is I don't understand the way the vtkLiveInsituLink class know
about the vtkPBTrivialProducer.

Thanks to all.

Felipe

<mailto:felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr>>

> Hi Felipe,
> Have you seen: http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/722?
>
> This blog post shows you how to setup a live connection and describe a
simple pipeline using python.
> The pipeline was generated from Tools/Manage Plugins, Catalyst Script
Generator Plugin, Load Selected. Then you can build your pipeline and
export it using CoProcessing, Export State.

> We don't have an example with only C++.
> Setting up the visualization pipeline as well as the connection to
catalyst live, while possible, is more involved in C++.

<felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr <mailto:felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr>> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I 'm trying to connect  my simulation code (a dummy simulation code for
> the moment) to paraview using Catalyst to do live visualization. Just
> make a mesh (2D structured, with 1 field), and send it to paraview
> without python. But I something is not working. The code runs, I can
> connect to paraview, pause the simulation but unable to sent the data
> for the visualization.
>
> So I'm doing this : for initialization
>
> create a vtkCPProcessor object and call Initialize();
> create a vtkCPPipeline derived object class and added to the processor (
> Processor->AddPipeline(pipeline.GetPointer());  ) .
> (why do I need a Pipeline if I'm going to send my raw data (in vtk
> format of course) to paraview?)
> in the CoProcess( vtkCPDataDescription* dataDescription) member function
> the only relevant lines are :
>   vtkNew<vtkPVTrivialProducer> producer;
>   vtkImageData* grid =

vtkImageData::SafeDownCast(dataDescription->GetInputDescriptionByName("input")->GetGrid());

http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

- --
Felipe Bordeu Weldt
Ingénieur de Recherche