[Paraview] Apply displaying options to multiple selected files from the pipeline browser

Fabian Gabel gabel.fabian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 10:23:20 EST 2015

Dear ParaView team,

I use ParaView 4.1.0 to visualize .vtk files (Legacy Format). The files
are written by a FORTRAN program and exhibit the following structure

# vtk DataFile Version 3.0
grid
ASCII
DATASET STRUCTURED_GRID
DIMENSIONS    ...    ...    ...
Points     .... float
CELL_DATA      ...
VECTORS UVW float
SCALARS P float
LOOKUP_TABLE DEFAULT

My complete grid is block structured, but a .vtk file is generated for
each block. When I load all .vtk files into Paraview I want to visualize
them at the same time, i.e. if I choose to look at one variable, I want
this to happen for all .vkt files / blocks simultaneously. Selecting all
files disables the desired options from the display properties bar.

I think python scripting could do the trick, but since I have never used
this feature before, I could use some hints.

Regards,
Fabian