[Paraview] Loading whole time series in ParaView at once

Armin Wehrfritz dkxls23 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:40:14 EST 2015

Hi,

I cannot directly answer your question, but I have a few remarks/questions:

Which reader are you using for your OpenFOAM cases?

There are two OpenFOAM readers for ParaView, a) the built-in reader in
ParaView (file ending .foam) and b) the reader supplied with OpenFOAM
(file ending .OpenFOAM).

For my cases the built-in reader works much faster/efficient than the
one from OpenFOAM (but that may very well be cases specific).
With the ParaView built-in reader you also have the option to cache the
mesh in memory.

If you use the OpenFOAM command "paraFoam" you will by default use the
reader that comes with OpenFOAM. To use the built-in reader from
ParaView use "paraFoam -builtin".
Alternatively just create a file with either ending (.foam or .OpenFOAM)
to switch between the readers.

-Armin