[Paraview] Error cross-compiling Catalyst on BG/Q

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Feb 12 19:19:20 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Cook, Rich <cook47 at llnl.gov> wrote:

> /collab/usr/global/tools/Kitware/Catalyst/bgqos_0/catalyst_backend_crossbuild/CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec2363604927-CMAKE_REQUIRE_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT

Is the name of the executable to run.

set( CMAKE_REQUIRE_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT
>      "PLEASE_FILL_OUT-FAILED_TO_RUN"
>      CACHE STRING "Result from TRY_RUN" FORCE)

Change that to:
set( CMAKE_REQUIRE_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT
     0
     CACHE STRING "Result from TRY_RUN" FORCE)

if the return code of that executable is 0

set( CMAKE_REQUIRE_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT__TRYRUN_OUTPUT
>      "PLEASE_FILL_OUT-NOTFOUND"
>      CACHE STRING "Output from TRY_RUN" FORCE)

Change that to:
set( CMAKE_REQUIRE_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT__TRYRUN_OUTPUT
     "I am the very model of a modern major general"
     CACHE STRING "Output from TRY_RUN" FORCE)

If the console output of that executable was "I am the very model of a
modern major general"

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer