[Paraview] CPack issue with hdf5/libhdf5.settings

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Feb 12 12:43:23 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 06:45:47 +0100, Christoph Grüninger wrote:
> let me rephrase my question:
> Is it save to add /usr/share/cmake/hdf5/ within the ParaView package? Or
> would it affect a HDF5 package?

It would likely conflict with a native HDF5 package. Is there a reason
the system HDF5 isn't used?

> I am unsure, whether /usr/share/paraview/hdf5.setting wouldn't be safer.
> But I am alien to HDF5 and might be wrong.

Directory ownership in RPM isn't really straightforward or obvious all
the time :( . Fedora's guidelines are here:

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#File_and_Directory_Ownership

Here, I'd say the package you're making should own the directory and
hdf5.settings.

--Ben