[Paraview] pvserver issue

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Feb 10 09:20:09 EST 2015

>> If pvserver is crashing when remote rendering (which is what happens
>> when using Volume Rendering the Wavelet automatically), then there is
>> a indeed display problem. Any reason why you're doing this
>> "--disable-xdisplay-test"?
>
> If I don't, I get a message on the client that says: Display is not
> accessible on server side. Remote rendering will be disabled.

Jeff, that test is determining exactly what you're finding our
eventually, and a little less gracefully :), because of display issues
ParaView indeed cannot do remote rendering hence the warning and hence
the segfault (when the warning is disabled).

Are you sure you're X server is up and running on DISPLAY=:0? And is
accessible? Try running something else, like glxgears with the mpirun
call. Does that work?