[Paraview] pvserver issue

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Feb 9 18:16:49 EST 2015

> Sphere works. As do cylinder, and wavelet. I got a crash when I tried to
> volume render wavelet, but maybe that's expected.

After creating the Sphere, try changing the Remote Render Threshold
(in the Settings dialog) to 0 -- this will force remote rendering. I
suspect this will segfault. For how to change the Remote Render
Threshold, see Page 199 from The ParaView Guide (v4.3). You can
download the guide from: http://www.paraview.org/documentation/.

If pvserver is crashing when remote rendering (which is what happens
when using Volume Rendering the Wavelet automatically), then there is
a indeed display problem. Any reason why you're doing this
"--disable-xdisplay-test"?

Utkarsh