[Paraview] User trying to build with catalyst -- need guidance

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Feb 9 15:19:01 EST 2015

Hi Rich,

I'd suggest that initially just build ParaView from the full source code.
The Catalyst editions are meant to be slimmed down versions of ParaView to
reduce the memory load for specific configurations. See
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/606 for information on the Catalyst
editions.

Dave may have more information on building Catalyst as a library for the
BG/Q but if the simulation code already uses CMake then see the
CMakeLists.txt at
https://github.com/Kitware/ParaViewCatalystExampleCode/blob/master/CxxFullExample/CMakeLists.txt.
If the simulation code doesn't use CMake then the easiest thing is to
create the adaptor as a library and build that with CMake and then just
link the code to that library. An example of that is at
https://github.com/acbauer/miniFE-2.0_ref_Catalyst where the adapter is
built with CMake and links to Catalyst and the Makefile in src just points
to the adapter library.

Have you gone through the Catalyst User's Guide yet? It's available at
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/images/4/48/CatalystUsersGuide.pdf. I hope to
have an updated version available in a week or two.

Regards,
Andy