[Paraview] reducing startup time on cray

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Fri Feb 6 15:19:25 EST 2015

It makes sense to me too.

Having said that, wouldn't it be better to go to the next step and use a
frozen Python? If all of the commonly used Python modules are frozen to the
build, loading them will become much faster. The solution that you are
proposing only defers the cost to later. Given that we are depending on
Python more and more, I'd like to see it be usable everywhere.

Best,
-berk

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com