[Paraview] Plugin with dropdown list crash

Bruce Jones bruce.david.jones at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:36:00 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm writing a paraview plugin based on a python programmable filter. To do
this I'm using the excellent plugin generator described here,
http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/534

I am trying to add a dropdown list to the plugin XML, as in here
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Drop_down_list

However including the example code, or the code I actually need, in the XML
causes paraview to crash when the filter is selected.

Due to the way paraview is crashing, I can see the output messages but not
select or scroll. One line seems pertinent which is

Incorrect message received. missing xml_group and xml_name information

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Bruce