[Paraview] Two images selected on pipeline, just one shown

Thomas Oliveira thomas.oliveira at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 16:50:45 EST 2015

Dear all,

I am trying to visualize two images simultaneously in Paraview 4.4.0
64-bit, but without sucess.

For the first image (figure image1.png attached), I loaded a raw file,
visualized it as "volume" and set the color map to get a very low opacity.
It represents the solid phase in a porous object.

For the second image (figure image2.png attached), I loaded the results of
a simulation, applied the "Stream Tracer" filter on the velocity field, and
applied the "Tube" filter on top of it. It represents the streamlines of
the flow inside the porous object shown in the first image.

If I turn the eyeball on for both items on the pipeline browser, just the
first image is visible. Is this the expected behaviour? I thought that both
images could be seen at the same time.

---------------
Detailed experiment with the user interface:

- turn both eyeballs off, turn on eyeball of first image => image is
rendered
- turn both eyeballs off, turn on eyeball of second image => image is
rendered
- turn both eyeballs off, turn on eyeball of first image, then of second
image => just first image is rendered (figure together.png attached)
- turn both eyeballs off, turn on eyeball of second image, then turn on
eyeball of first image => nothing is rendered (figure none.png attached)
- turn both eyeballs off, turn on eyeball of second image, then turn on
eyeball of first image, then press Reset button => just first image is
rendered (figure together.png attached)

Best regards, and a happy 2016!

Thomas Oliveira