[Paraview] Paraview 4.4 Openfoam native reader decomposed read issue

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Fri Dec 25 12:45:50 EST 2015

Hi Leonard,

I am not using OpenFOAM recently so this is what I can only answer:

> Is pvserver (when
> run in parallel) smart enough to not open every data file on every process for
> the native openfoam reader, but to smartly allocate the directories to
> different instances?

Yes. For the allocation strategy, see slide 7 of [1]. And if you
choose "Reconstructed Case" and if the reader still works as intended,
the whole recousructed case should be loaded only by process 0.

[1] http://www.opencae.jp/data/OpenSourceCAEWorkshop/200811/slides/OpenSourceCAEWorkshop200811Ohshima2.pdf

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN