[Paraview] Access point/cell data as Python variable

David Larsson david.larsson at sth.kth.se
Tue Dec 15 17:22:53 EST 2015

Dear all,

I am working with imported temporal velocity fields (from pvd/vtu) files.

Does anyone know how I in pvpython can access point or cell data as a specified variable (array)?

I easily find out how to load data into paraview using the Python tracer ('solutoinpvd = PVDReader(FielName='myfile.pvd')) but can't seem to know how to access the velocity field in pvpython after that.

I want the point or cell data loaded in specified variables in order to modify e.g. the velocity or calculated vorticity field through scripting (as an example, set all values >0 to a given value), but I can't seem to find these variables (or set variables to them).

Thanks for the help.

/David

<https://webmail.kth.se/owa/redir.aspx?C=IxWYxXymHES_fQvc4qU3B9BOtBARstEIlfcjHJ6nx0MeBY57EwkoSX2SdYQPib-GqeXHouLYnDA.&URL=mailto%3adavid.larsson%40sth.kth.se>