[Paraview] Error while building, H5_SIZEOF_SIZE_T is undefined

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Fri Dec 4 14:41:53 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 23:03:49 +0000, Thomas Oliveira wrote:
> I wasn't able to diagnose the problem further than that. Would you have any
> suggestion? Is there some configuration of CMake that I am doing wrong?

ISTR some related workaround for this code:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/ben.boeckel/common-superbuild/blob/superbuild-revamp/projects/win32/patches/hdf5-fix-ssize_t-redefine.patch

but it isn't the same thing (particularly that you aren't on Windows),
but it does indicate that HDF5 has problems with detecting size_t and
ssize_t on 32-bit Windows builds.

What platform/compiler are you building on? Is there any output during
configure from HDF5 that looks suspicious? What happens if you delete
the H5_SIZEOF_SIZE_T and H5_SIZEOF_SSIZE_T variables from the
CMakeCache.txt and reconfigure?

Thanks,

--Ben