[Paraview] netcdf-4 structured grid in paraview

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Tue Dec 1 10:36:30 EST 2015

I have tested the following solution which consists in using a Python programmable filter, copying the non-spatial data attributes, and creating a new coordinate array with the spatial attributes (x, x and z)

see the included python code. I suggest using ParaView 4.4 or 5.0RC1.

Note that the solution provided is independent of the input grid resolution, and that it ought to work in parallel too for large scale grids. I have tested it using 4 pvservers.

Enjoy.
Jean/CSCS