[Paraview] Exodus Block Names

Shawn Waldon shawn.waldon at kitware.com
Fri Aug 28 16:44:07 EDT 2015

Hi Dennis,

The block name is in the block metadata, which is not where I looked the
first time either.  Here is a code snippet that shows how to access it.

mb = vtk.vtkMultiBlockDataSet()
for i in range(mb.GetNumberOfBlocks):
  metadata = mb.GetMetaData(i)
  name = metadata.Get(vtk.vtkCompositeDataSet.NAME())

HTH,
Shawn

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Dennis Conklin <dennis_conklin at goodyear.com