[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] ParaView Llvm on Supercomputer

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Fri Aug 7 15:30:03 EDT 2015

Noah,
I am not going to comment on implementing LLVM/Mesa – compile and parallel run issues are a pain and generally over my head.  A few thoughts.

·         If you are not using MPI, you are only using 1 core of your node.  ParaView is not multithreaded.  Even more than having more nodes, you need to get the cores you have available being used.  Then, if you need more speed again, obviously add nodes.

·         If you don’t need the memory, and have the data available, do your rendering on a workstation.  That should have hardware rendering, which will be much faster.