[Paraview] How to extract a list of the plotting variable names with Python

Neal,Christopher R chrisneal at ufl.edu
Mon Aug 3 16:20:44 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to extract a list of the names of the available plotting variables from a data set that I have loaded. The variable names are all related to cell data in the data set. Something like ['Density','Pressure','Temperature','Velocity'] is what I am trying to extract from the Ensight Reader data object using Python.

I have a feeling that this is something that can be extracted from the vtkPVDataInformation Class, but I'm unsure about which method to use.

Thank you,

Christopher R. Neal
Graduate Student
Center for Compressible Multiphase Turbulence
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department
University of Florida
Cell: (863)-697-1958
E-mail:  chrisneal at ufl.edu