[Paraview] Beginner's question: new data set with same filters. How?

Salomon Turgman Cohen sturgman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:05:26 EDT 2015

Related to this. What if I have a transient simulation and I change some
parameters. The two simulations have a different number of time steps. How
do I deal with this situation? Loading the state does not seem to work as
expected (not all the timesteps are visible if the second simulation has
more). Any ideas in this case? Also Jesse, what do you mean that you load
your state file first? If I do that it ask me what data set I wish to load.
Is that what you are referring to?

-s-

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:06 PM, Stub via ParaView <paraview at paraview.org>
wrote:

> Thank you all for the very quick and helpful response!
> R.
>

>   On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:47 AM, Cory Quammen <
> cory.quammen at kitware.com> wrote:
>

> Rob,
>
> There are two ways to do this:
>
> 1). Once your pipeline is set up, you can right-click on the input object
> in the Pipeline Browers and choose Change Input... If you have loaded a new
> data set, you can change the input to this new one.
>
> 2). As others have said, you can save a ParaView state file. When you
> reload it, a dialog box asking you to confirm where the data files that
> were loaded are located will appear, and you can change the locations of
> those files to your new files there. Note that loading state files is
> cumulative - you will need to reset the state manually if you want to clear
> your old pipeline and data out. You can do this by clicking on the icon
> with the two computers and red x.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Cory
>
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Stub via ParaView <paraview at paraview.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> After going through the tutorial, I am puzzled how to achieve the
> following:
>
> I have software that creates data, which I can visualize nicely with
> paraview.
> Different input parameters to the software create different data.
>
> Each time I want to view another dataset, I open paraview, load the data,
> and then put all the filters again in place.
>
> I find it a bit annoying that I need to organize the filters all over
> again, each time.
>
> I suppose there is a way that allows me to load the data into an existing
> filter arrangement, so that I quickly can visit one dataset after another.
>
> Can somebody give me some pointers how to do this in paraview?
>
> Thank you!
> Rob.

> --
> Cory Quammen