[Paraview] pvpython with pvserver SelectionModel

Yves Rogez yves.rogez at obs.ujf-grenoble.fr
Sat Apr 25 16:18:54 EDT 2015

Hello,

I've just compiled paraview on its last git master branch and I get a
strange segfault using pvpython with connection to a pvserver (no MPI,
on localhost, linux). This occurs for instance, when creating a simple
sphere with the following code:

from paraview.simple import *
servermanager.Connect( "localhost" )
s = Sphere()

The strange thing is that under the ParaView GUI python shell all works
well.

I've made a little debugging and the error comes from
ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Core/vtkSMParaViewPipelineController.cxx:609
(vtkSMParaViewPipelineController::RegisterPipelineProxy())
the selmodel variable is NULL after
proxy->GetSessionProxyManager()->GetSelectionModel("ActiveSources")

I recompiled on the

  * 4.3.1 release tag => same problem
  * 4.1.0 release tag => all works fine
  * 4.2.0 release tag => same problem