[Paraview] Contours of unstructured grid paraview 3 vs paraview 4

Greenwood, Michael Michael.Greenwood at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Wed Apr 15 16:08:23 EDT 2015

It seems that in paraview 3 it would interpolate inside the cell between the mesh points when building the polymesh for the contour and now it is snapping the interpolation to nearest grid point of my unstructured mesh.

From: Berk Geveci [mailto:berk.geveci at kitware.com]
Sent: April 15, 2015 15:57
To: Greenwood, Michael
Cc: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Contours of unstructured grid paraview 3 vs paraview 4

Very strange. I can't recall a change that can cause this. Do you have a dataset that we can reproduce this with?

Best,
-berk

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 3:49 PM, Greenwood, Michael <Michael.Greenwood at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca<mailto:Michael.Greenwood at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca>> wrote:
Hi I’ve upgraded to paraview 4 and now when building contours of my 3D unstructured grid, the contours are pixelated.  This was not the case in 3, and when you look at a slice of the contour overlayed with a slice of the volume data it is obvious that the contour in paraview 4 seems to be “hugging” the boundaries of my mesh instead of interpolating through it.  How can I get my nice smooth contours I had in version 3?

Thanks
[cid:image001.png at 01D07796.42933DD0]