[Paraview] default_servers.pvsc question

Burlen Loring burlen.loring at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:34:35 EDT 2015

about (a): running multiple commands for each field could be annoying if
for ex one was trying to query a server side value and the user had to
enter their password more than once.

about (b), sounds OK but I'm not sure how it would work with the
connections to remote site.

in all this, I think we want to make the low-level (ie ssh tunnel)
connection once and make use of it from then on, for everything. as
opposed to making a connection for querying and then making another
connection for submitting/connecting to pvserver etc (or in your (a)
many connections).

In my suggestion of allowing a script(or as you "executable") to
generate the pvsc xml, PV can use a pipe to communicate to first fetch
the xml from the script then report the user selection back all while
keeping the script alive, and same connection open.