[Paraview] Clipping volume dataset with explicit surface

Yves Rogez yves.rogez at obs.ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed Apr 15 02:56:13 EDT 2015

Hi Cory,

and thank you very much, your proposition works fine for illustration
purposes. I need better accuracy, so I will do the computation
completely differently. In fact I can achieve what I want with a simple
contour applied on my surface wether using the volumic data.

Anyways, below the programmable filter script (input 0 is the tetrahedra
volume, input 1 is the cutting polydata surface):
inpMain = self.GetInputDataObject( 0, 0 )
inpCut = self.GetInputDataObject( 0, 1 )
out = self.GetOutput()

cutter = vtk.vtkCutter()
cutter.SetInputDataObject( inpMain )
cutFunction = vtk.vtkImplicitPolyDataDistance()
cutFunction.SetInput( inpCut )
cutter.SetCutFunction( cutFunction )
cutter.Update()

outData = cutter.GetOutputDataObject( 0 )
out.DeepCopy( outData )

That helped, making me think about another way ;-)

Yves

--
Yves Rogez
/CONSERT Operations Engineer/

*IPAG*
/Institut de Planétologie et d'Astrophysique de Grenoble /
Bat D de Physique - BP. 53 - 38041 Grenoble - FRANCE

tel : +33 (0)4 76 63 52 80
lab : +33 (0)4 76 63 57 60