[Paraview] [Paraview-developers] ParaView and double precision Rendering

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Tue Apr 14 15:24:49 EDT 2015

ok, i thought something like that....thanks for clearification

Our currently visualized point cloud is part of a very large one, and the global coordinate system has such a large offset.... Rescaling is an option but then the later processing chain results in wrong data (e.g. measurements have Values, needs also be scaled). So I would need to add a kind of field data "Data Offset" and "Data Scale" which every later added Filter needs to read (e.g. Ruler or some of our custom measurement filters). Is there anyting already mentioned for this in Paraview? I think I should not be the first one with that problem....

Best regards,

Gerald