[Paraview] numpy->ParaView for surface

Carlson, Eric Ecarlson at eng.ua.edu
Mon Apr 13 16:16:28 EDT 2015

Hello,

Is there an example of taking a simple two-index numpy array and creating a surface plot in ParaView through the python shell? An example of this for Mayavi is at

http://docs.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/auto/example_canyon.html#example-canyon

Really, if I just have some idea how to encapsulate the numpy  array into some VTK structure and then send the structure to the ParaView pipeline, I can probably figure the rest out.

I apologize if this is available someplace I haven't discovered yet (perhaps because of poor wording in my searches).

Many Thanks,

Eric Carlson