[Paraview] ParaView Catalyst and running example codes ...

Ufuk Utku Turuncoglu (BE) u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr
Mon Apr 6 08:02:49 EDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to run ParaViewCatalystExampleCode under Mac OS 10.10.2. I
have already installed

Catalyst-base+essentials+extras+renderingbase+python-Source.tar

to my machine successfully and i would like to test the example codes.
The main problem is that i am getting following error when i try to run
the FortranPoissonSolver

epsilon:FortranPoissonSolver turuncu$ ./FortranPoissonSolver coproc.py
Error: Cannot import vtkPVServerManagerDefaultPython
Error: Cannot import vtkPVAnimationPython

i also created following shell script to run the example

CATALYST="/Users/turuncu/Qsync/progs/catalyst"
export PYTHONHOME="$CATALYST/lib"
export PYTHONPATH="$CATALYST/lib:$PYTHONPATH"
export PYTHONPATH="$CATALYST/lib/site-packages:$PYTHONPATH"
export PYTHONPATH="$CATALYST/lib/site-packages/paraview:$PYTHONPATH"
export PYTHONPATH="$CATALYST/lib/site-packages/vtk:$PYTHONPATH"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$CATALYST/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="$CATALYST/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH"

./FortranPoissonSolver coproc.py

but in this case, it complains as "ImportError: No module named site". I
think that it might be realted with the definition of PYTHONHOME
environment variable and somehow it causes problem in Python side.
Anyway, i am using Enthought, Canopy (64bit) for python implementation
under Mac OS and i also tried to add PYTHONPATH to shell script to
define Canopy related modules

export
PYTHONPATH="/Applications/Canopy.app/appdata/canopy-1.4.1.1975.macosx-x86_64/Canopy.app/Contents/lib/python2.7:$PYTHONPATH"

but again i am getting following error which could be related with the
wrong definition of environment variables or their orders because sys
has base_prefix method (tested under ipython)

     from sysconfig import get_config_var
   File
"/Applications/Canopy.app/appdata/canopy-1.4.1.1975.macosx-x86_64/Canopy.app/Contents/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py",
line 95, in <module>
     _BASE_PREFIX = os.path.normpath(sys.base_prefix)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'base_prefix'

So, i just wonder that is there anybody that run these examples under
MacOS along with Enthought, Canopy? Is there any custom script to run
the example? Do you suggest me to go directly to Linux (i.e. Centos
etc.) to solve these problems.

Thanks,
Best Regards,

Ufuk Turuncoglu