[Paraview] Change of default Scale Mode in Glyph filter

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Sep 29 13:41:46 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Moreland, Kenneth <kmorel at sandia.gov> wrote:
> In the new release of ParaView 4.2, I notice that the behavior of the Scale
> Mode property has changed a bit. The default used to be "vector" but now the
> default is "off." Is there a reason for the change?

Ken, the reason for this change was that if the "scale factor" was not
setup properly, the glyphs would end up going crazy. e.g.
+ Open can.ex2, all variables, apply
+ Apply "Glyph" with everything default, except "Scale Mode" changed
to "vector".
+ Now step forward 1 timestep, it will render insanely large glyphs.

> Also, the "Scalars" and "Vectors" attributes used to get disabled when they
> have no effect on the output. Now they never get grayed out.

That's oversight. I updated the panel to not be a custom panel and
forgot missed this enable/disable aspect. Mind adding a bug for that?
Should be easy to fix.

BTW, this version has new modes for seeding glyphs. The old version is
still accessible as "Legacy Glyph", in case you want to do a
comparison between the two.

Utkarsh