[Paraview] urgent: need python help

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Mon Sep 29 13:06:33 EDT 2014

Hi all,

This is fairly urgent, so any good pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I am trying to (still) access the multi-block table in port 1 of my reader from python.  Everything I have tried has returned the vtkSructuredGrid of port 0...

Can someone in the know let me know how I can get at the data in port 1?

I have tried:

port1 = servermanager.OutputPort(reader,1)
mb = servermanager.Fetch(port1)

I have even tried doing this interactively:
1) select port 1 in the gui
2) port1 = GetActiveSource()
3) mb = servermanager.Fetch(port1)

But It is returning a vtkStructuredGrid object that appears to be the data on Port 0.  Port 1 should be a multiblock dataset with multiple vtkTables within.

again, help would be greatly appreciated!

-Josh