[Paraview] Sphere benchmark runs and max number of polygons

Praveen Narayanan praveenn at nvidia.com
Fri Sep 26 17:34:43 EDT 2014

Greetings

There are two points that I would like to bring up.

1) Firstly, in Paraview 4/4.1, the accessing the attribute (servermanager.)fromGUI causing problems for me.

https://github.com/Kitware/ParaView/blob/master/Wrapping/Python/paraview/benchmark.py

In def __render(…), the attribute fromGUI is not part of server manager (replace with paraview.fromGUI to make it work).

praveen at kakrafoon:~/projects/benchmark$ vglrun python
Python 2.7.6 (default, Mar 22 2014, 22:59:56)
[GCC 4.8.2] on linux2
>>> from paraview import benchmark
paraview version 4.0.1
>>> benchmark.run()
display lists, no triangle strips, solid color
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paraview/benchmark.py", line 628, in run
    results.append(__render(ss, v, title, nframes))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paraview/benchmark.py", line 592, in __render
    if not servermanager.fromGUI:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'fromGUI'

2) Secondly, the number of polygons maxes out to 2 million taking about 90 MB. Is there a flag to change the max buffer size?

I would like to run a bigger problem running more number of polygons. I am running on an NVIDIA GTX Titan.

Thanks
Praveen