[Paraview] Paraview-Wiki: OSMesa

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 26 14:43:43 EDT 2014

Hi Gerrit,

The code on the Wiki has been tested with PV 4.0.0, but it sounds like
it no longer works. The issue is that if you do not put *something in
the GL library then CMake will fill it in with the system libGL. That is
the wrong thing to do when using OSMesa and can lead to run time issues
if you don't set LD_LIBRARY_PATH. In recent builds I've been putting
libOSMesa in place of the empty string and that has worked. We can
update the Wiki, however the real solution will be to remove linking of
libGL and X11 libraries when using OSMesa.

Burlen