[Paraview] Fwd: VTK interpolation help

Ruggiero Guida ruggiero.guida at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 00:44:17 EDT 2014

Dear group,

I hope I will be able to find an answer to my problem here.

I am not sure I understand how the interpolation works. I have generated a
VTK file (attached) and I am trying to visualizing it in Paraview. The data
represent the solar radiation on the ground around various buildings.

My algorithm calculates the radiation in each node of a constrained
delauney triangulation. The plan is to visualize this in paraview to have a
nice smooth fillled contour.

The image I get though, does not make sense to me; it seems that paraview
is interpolating only within the triangles and not in the x,y directions.
Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot for any help
Ruggiero