[Paraview] Exporting to PDF from Python

D H mrhyde at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 24 16:56:01 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have a scene in Paraview 4.1 that I'd like to export to a PDF from a Python script.  Ideally I'd like to be able to use the GL2PSExporter and set options there (such as "Cull Hidden Primitives") like I do in the PV GUI (under File->Export Scene).  I've looked online and seen that I can export to a PDF via WriteImage("test.pdf",Writer="vtkPostScriptWriter"), but this doesn't offer me any of the flexibility I have when exporting from the GUI.

Can someone recommend a way to export a PV view to PDF from Python that gives me the options of GL2PS?  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated - thanks very much!

Best,

David