[Paraview] View 3D cloud of points

Flavio Sartoretto sartoret at unive.it
Mon Sep 22 02:53:12 EDT 2014

I must display a 3D cloud of points inside a unit cube.
After being unsuccessful, I found
Subject:Re: [Paraview] Question about showing a few nodes/points using vtk
xml <http://markmail.org/message/glgj4xl3hnbty2wv>[image: permalink]
<http://markmail.org/message/glgj4xl3hnbty2wv>From:Moreland, Kenneth (kmo...
@sandia.gov)Date:Jul 6, 2010 9:22:44 amList:org.paraview.paraview

By default, ParaView draws cells, not points. (You've found one exception
where
selected points are drawn.) If you want to see points in general, you will
need
to create "vertex" cells. One way to do that is to run your data through the
glyph filter and select the "2D Glyph" and then "Vected" glyph types.

etc.

I run Delaunay 3D on my cloud. I exported into a vtk file.

Reimported.

Only point on cube faces are displayed, no one inside

Any hint?

Best

--
Prof. Flavio Sartoretto, Universita` Ca' Foscari Venezia
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Informatica e Statistica