[Paraview] proper formatting of 2D data

Robert-Zoltan Szasz Robert-Zoltan.Szasz at energy.lth.se
Fri Sep 19 02:56:41 EDT 2014

Hi,

I tried to visualize 2D structured point data when I observed a strange
behavior. If the spacing in Y direction is negative, the data is flipped
upside-down in 'Slice' representation mode but shown properly as a
'Surface' representation. Tried in v. 4.0.1 and 4.2rc1 on Linux 64 bit.
Here is a small VTK file to test:

--8<--
# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
testing
ASCII
DATASET STRUCTURED_POINTS
DIMENSIONS 3 4 1
ORIGIN 0.0 0.0 0.0
SPACING 0.5 -0.75 1.0
POINT_DATA 12
SCALARS test float
LOOKUP_TABLE default
0.0
1.0
2.0
1.0
2.0
3.0
2.0
3.0
4.0
3.0
4.0
5.0
-->8--

I am wondering if I missed something when formatting the file or if you
have any ideas how to avoid this behavior?
Thanks,
Robert

--
Robert-Zoltan Szasz
Div.Fluid Mechanics                 Tel: +46-46-222 0480