[Paraview] writing block data in parallel for vtk readers

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Sep 10 19:55:56 EDT 2014

Hey Rich,

Is this a matter of updating the VisIt bridge or the code in VisIt is old
too?

What are the larger runs these folks do? And what is the timeframe?

We are working on ADIOS readers and that may be another option. This is
where we currently plan on pushing for large scale IO needs.

HDF5 is certainly another option. So is writing legacy VTK files from each
node. I'd guess Silo is another option too.

It depends on the needs and scale at which they will be running.

Best,
-berk