[Paraview] vts file format

Mohammad KONESHLOO mkonesh at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 16:56:31 EDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to convert a big csv file to a simple structured grid (100x100x136). I imported it to Pra-view, but I could not convert it to grid using Filters-> "Table to Structured Grid". another attempt was creating a vts/vtk file from my csv file, but the structure of file is ambiguous. I couldn't find any example.
In VTK pdf file regarding file formats, there is just an example for structured point (page.18), I copied and pasted this example in Notepad++ and saved with .vts and vtk extension, but I could not open in in Paraview (4.2.0 RC1 64-bit).

Do you have any example file or comment on the file structure?

Thanks