[Paraview] implication of -DUSE_SYSTEM_python=OFF (UNCLASSIFIED)

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Sep 4 12:12:36 EDT 2014

USE_SYSTEM_python=OFF will result in ParaView compile and package it's
Python version. USE_SYSTEM_python=ON will result in ParaView using a
version installed on your system. Thus the bundle won't be work on any
other systems where the Python you build against isn't available.

With USE_SYSTEM_python=ON, advanced CMAke options will allow you to
pick which Python libraries and executables to use for the build
(similar to what one sets in  a regular ParaView build).

Utkarsh