[Paraview] Calling a customized xml plugin from python

livia.barazzetti at istb.unibe.ch livia.barazzetti at istb.unibe.ch
Wed Sep 3 08:06:42 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have saved a paraview state in python format. In the pipeline there are a couple of filters coming from an xml plugin (generated in this way http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/534 ). When I try to run the the script in the python shell  (with the plugin already loaded from the gui menu), I get the error "'module' object has no attribute 'myfilter'" .
I have tried also the following commands:

>>LoadPlugin("path/to/myfilter.xml",globals())
>>servermanager.myfilter
But still I am not able to access it.
If it can help, when I load the pipeline from a pvsm file, the filter is correctly loaded.
If I select it and call GetActiveSource, I get: <paraview.servermanager. myfilter object at 0x0000000015B40A20>

What should be the correct command for calling it?
Thank you

Livia Barazzetti
Ph.D. Student - Medical Image Analysis
Institute for Surgical Technology and Biomechanics
University of Bern
Stauffacherstrasse 78
CH-3014 Bern
Tel +41 31 631 59 48