[Paraview] accessing parallel xdmf3 writer

Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil
Thu Oct 23 14:32:46 EDT 2014

Hello,

I used the python script below to convert pvd format into xmf file with xdmf3 enable ParaView that I compiled. The writer is working if I run it in serial (pvbatch pvd_to_xmf.py pvd/mvf2.pvd)
.
How do I access to xmf parallel writer?  I am getting the following error

vtkSMWriterFactory (0x66c5d0): No matching writer found for extension: xmf

if I run the script with

aprun -n 12 pvbatch pvd_to_xmf.py pvd/mvf2.pvd

thank you in advanced for your help.

thanks
-simon

================ pvbatch pvd_to_xmf.py ==========
#### import the simple module from the paraview
import sys
try: paraview.simple
except: from paraview.simple import *

#### get the filename from command line
fileName = str(sys.argv[1])

print "Reading " + fileName
#### reading pvd file
mvfpvd = PVDReader(FileName=fileName)

#### create output file name
(prefix, sep, suffix) = fileName.rpartition('.')
ofileName = prefix + '.xmf'

print "Writing xmf output file to " + ofileName

#### create output file
SaveData(ofileName, proxy=mvfpvd, WriteAllTimeSteps=1)