[Paraview] ParaView superbuild git question (UNCLASSIFIED)

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Tue Oct 14 08:12:10 EDT 2014

When doing a clean production build, it’s very  useful to be able to do a
“git pull” to get all of the correct tarballs downloaded.   The
functionality that was previous to 4.2.0 was exactly appropriate - “git
checkout v4.1.0”

The alternative (as I understand it) is to enable GIT and do a build from
the development tree.  (This will pull all of the tarballs for the
supporting libraries).   Then re-run the build with “GIT=OFF” , manually
download the production tarball, and then re-run the build.   Does this
sound like the best solution?

Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team