[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] displaying simulation time rather than time step

Sean.Ziegeler at engilitycorp.com Sean.Ziegeler at engilitycorp.com
Wed Oct 8 18:41:09 EDT 2014

Hey Phil,
You *might* be able to hack it with a combination of a Programmable Filter and a Python Annotation Filter.  Use the Programmable Filter to add a FieldData value to each time step that is a string with the appropriate date.  Then use the Python Annotation Filter to display the date as an annotation.

The first part is the hard one.  The Programmable Filter could either (1) read the file once to get all the dates, or (2) compute the dates using the starting date, the time step value, and Python's datetime module.

Thanks,
Sean