[Paraview] Bug in Paraview 4.2 example + fix

B.W.H. van Beest bwvb at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 7 16:30:42 EDT 2014

Hello,

I think there is a bug in the plugin example in
../ParaView/Examples/Plugin/Representation (Paraview 4.2)

As given, loading the plugin manually, and then creating a new source
(e.g. Box) causes Paraview to crash with the error message:

> ERROR: In
> /usr/local/git/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager.cxx,
> line 565
> vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager (0x265ebb0): No proxy that matches:
> group=representations and proxy=SurfaceRepresentationBase were found.
>

> ERROR: In
> /usr/local/git/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager.cxx,
> line 989
> vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager (0x265ebb0): Failed to locate base proxy
> definition (representations, SurfaceRepresentationBase). Aborting for
> debugging purposes.
>

> Abort

The error seems to be in the file Representation.xml, where the attribute
base_proxyname is set to "SurfaceRepresentationBase", which should be
"SurfaceRepresentation" according to the documentation in
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Adding_new_Representations_for_3D_View_using_Plugins_.2A_new_in_version_3.7

When I make the change, recompile the plugin and load in into Paraview,
there is no longer the above crash when I create a new Box, and the
representation "Special Mapper" feautures in the Representationnn combobox.

> [243] Representation> diff Representation.xml.org Representation.xml
> 7c7
> <       base_proxyname="SurfaceRepresentationBase">
> ---
> >       base_proxyname="SurfaceRepresentation">

Kind Regards,
Bertwim