[Paraview] Exporting a selection

Colin McAuliffe cjm2176 at columbia.edu
Mon Oct 6 23:31:44 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I would like to be able to look at a particular part of my output and plot
the maximum value of some fields over time. This needs to be done in a
script since the process needs to be applied to several different runs.

I tried to use the trace to get the list of point IDs in the region of
interest, but the result of doing select point on followed by extract
selection is this

# create a new 'Extract Selection'

extractSelection1 = ExtractSelection(Input=pK10HOJ_0001000,

    Selection=None)

so it is not giving me the ID's. To get the plot maximum over time I
am using find data to select all points and then using plot selection
over time. However, again the trace does not tell me what the
selection should be

# create a new 'Plot Selection Over Time'

plotSelectionOverTime1 = PlotSelectionOverTime(Input=pK10HOJ_0001000,

    Selection=None)

plotSelectionOverTime1.OnlyReportSelectionStatistics = 0

Is there any way to get this info? Or perhaps an alternate way to go
about plotting max over time in a specified region?

Thanks and all the best,

Colin