[Paraview] Is the VIEW-UP vector updated automatically?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Oct 6 10:46:10 EDT 2014

Kazuyoshi,

I just noticed that you're getting a "SliceView". I am not entirely
sure why. Is there something different with your configuration? Here's
what I get:

>>> from paraview.simple import *
paraview version 4.2.0-4-g03d4c39
>>> Box()
<paraview.servermanager.Box object at 0x7f7d6f165e10>
>>> Show()
<paraview.servermanager.GeometryRepresentation object at 0x7f7d6f133f50>
>>> Render()
<paraview.servermanager.RenderView object at 0x7f7d6f165e10>

With SliceView, the camera is managed by the SliceVIew itself. To be
able to freely play with the camera, you want the RenderView, which is
indeed the default.
Did you manually create the SliceView before running the script?

Utkarsh