[Paraview] paraview book next edition - you work immortalized as the cover image?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Oct 1 10:51:44 EDT 2014

Hey group,

The text for the next (completely revamped) edition of the Paraview guide
is nearing completion.

One of the last things on our todo list is to select a stunning cover image.

I am quite partial to the cover of the current e-book edition (details
below). But, if you would like you work immortalized, are OK with us using
the image on the book and in the web page, and think you can do better than
Greg and Arno did, please let us know about it by sending comm at kitware.com
an email.

In the email, please have "paraview book cover" in the subject somewhere,
include the text that you want us to use to credit you and a description of
the science behind the pretty picture. Oh, and don't forget to attach the
proposed image.

​
Image courtesy of Greg Schussman and Arno Candel of the Advanced Computations
Department at SLAC. It is a visualization of an electromagnetic simulation
performed at SLAC of a key component of a new particle accelerator
being designed
at CERN.  In the visualization, the propagation of electric fields excited
by decelerated particles is shown via the blue to red rainbow color map.

cheers, thanks, and good luck!

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer