[Paraview] Paraview architecture

Boris Bobrov breton at cynicmansion.ru
Mon Nov 24 06:17:03 EST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to understand the architecture of paraview and it's dataflow.

1. What kind of rendering happens on client side? What rendering does default paraview client perform? Does it use OpenGL or something? What happens when I drag an image in the client?

2. What kind of data flows between a client, a data server and a rendering server? What's the format?

I tried to search the wiki but either I am a bad lurker or it's not there. I am also not sure which mailing list to use, so I'll send this email to both.
--
WBR,
Boris