[Paraview] Display velocity in paraview

Armin Wehrfritz dkxls23 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 09:45:43 EST 2014

This should be fairly straight forward once you have a reader for your
data. Hence the first questions that comes up:
In which file format is the data stored?

ParaView has a large selection of readers for all kinds of file formats,
ranging from simple text files (i.e. CSV files) to advanced HPC file
formats like XDMF. See here:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/List_of_readers

I personally prefer writing my data in XDMF/HDF5 files, for which
ParaView has a very good reader.

For custom, but still simple, file formats also the "Python Programmable
Filter" might be an option. Google will give you several examples for that.

-Armin