[Paraview] The "configuration" attribute of the "server" tag in server.pvsc

Giovanni A. Cone conega at lanl.gov
Fri Nov 14 12:38:02 EST 2014

Hola Paraviewers,

I'm planning on creating an official "servers.pvsc" file for
users of our LANL HPC platforms similar to what NERSC
provides (see
https://www.nersc.gov/users/software/data-visualization-and-analytics/paraview).
  I've noticed that if I add a server using the GUI "Connect
to Server" interface that the resulting saved "servers.pvsc"
file has the following form of a "server tag" entry:

  <Server name="Whatev" configuration=""
resource="csrc://localhost:11111">
    <ManualStartup/>
</Server>

I'm curious as to what the "configuration" attribute in the
Server XML tag is used for.  Could it be used to refer to
another XML "pvsc" file to deal with complication connection
processes?  Or is it just an unused attribute?

Thanks for your time responding to this inquiry.
--
!   Giovanni "Vann" Cone
!   LANL HPC-3 Consultant