[Paraview] Particle Tracer doesn't display any results

Mykhaylo Zayats sylvynyo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 06:11:01 EST 2014

Hi,

I have 2 files with data which contains x and y components of velocity
field, I try to combine this data into vector and then create particle
tracer, but it doesn't work. Here is the pipeline of the visualisation:
1. data is in NetCDFReader1 and NetCDFReader2.
2. appending: NetCDFReader1, NetCDFReader2 => AppendAttributes1
3. build a vector: AppendAttributes1 => Calculator1 (with the formula
x*iHat + y*jHat + 0*kHat)
4. create seeds source for particle tracer: Line1
5. create tracer: Calculator1, Line1 => ParticleTracer1
6. animating.

but nothing is happening, ParticleTracer1 doesn't display any data, I tried
to replace step 5. with ParticlePath or StreakLine and animate termination
time, but it doesn't work as well.
Note, if I use stream lines in step 5 they are working.

Any advice what may be the reason? Or maybe you know any tutorial for
particle tracing with real example (data, step-by-step instruction).

Thank you,
Mike